Friday 10:00am - 4:00pm Est. / Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Retail Hours: Mon- Thur 10:00am - 7:pm / Friday/Sunday 10:00am - 5:00pm Saturday: Closed. 1-212-594-6565
The Zacuto Z-Finder EVF is a 3.2" high resolution monitor designed for use with camcorders and DSLRs. It allows you to operate your camera (any camera with an HDMI port) with the correct form factor for video, with the camera "in-line" to your rod system (the most stable way to shoot) and your eye in the Z-Finder offset.
The Z-Finder EVF enhances the stability of your camera set-up, gives you better resolution, allows you to get your eye where it most comfortably needs to be, enables low mode shooting, shortens your camera package, and allows you to have your electronic viewfinder in the back of a dolly or crane, detached from the rig for car shots, and more. The viewfinder is compatible with all cameras with an HDMI output, including the Panasonic AG-AF100, Sony FS100, Sony F3, Scarlet, Red One & Epic.
- 3.2" high resolution monitor with 2.5x optics and anti-fog shields
- Compatible with all cameras with an HDMI output including the Panasonic AG-AF100, Sony FS100, Sony F3, Scarlet, Red One and Epic
- Enhances stability when shooting video with a DSLR camera
- Allows placing the viewfinder where it's most comfortable in any situation
- Enables low mode shooting
- Shortens the camera package
- Exposure (Zebras)
- Zebra stripes indicate a user settable IRE level; 2 separate levels can be set. For example: one can be set for 55 IRE, which approximates properly exposed skin tone while the other IRE can be set at 100 to indicate pure white and the point just before over exposed signal clipping.
- Focus Assist (Peaking)
- Focus Assist enhances edge sharpening making in focus objects stand out. This makes critical focus immediately easier to see.
- Blue Only
- Blue only gives you the ability to view the blue channel only. This is a professional feature used while viewing SMPTE color bars for monitor calibration.
- The anamorphic setting will "un-squeeze" the anamorphic image produced by the anamorphic lens for viewing in the electronic viewfinder.
- Frame Line
- The aspect ratio frame lines included are: 1.33:1 (4×3), 1.66:1 (15×9), 1.78:1 (16×9), 1.85:1 (35mm theatrical), 2.35:1 (Cinemascope) and a "rule of thirds" grid. 4×3, 15×9 and 16×9 will have the option to add action safe markers. The center cross is available with or without all aspect ratio frame lines. Action safe markers will help you see that the critical parts of your image will not be cropped out in broadcast.
- Our electronic viewfinder has the ability to auto scale, manually scale or recall a camera specific or custom preset. The first image is an example of what you would see from the video signal with a Canon 5D with monitors and electronic viewfinders without the auto scaling feature. The second image is the electronic viewfinder's auto scaling feature, in which the image is un-squeezed, if necessary and retains the pillar box crop. The third image is a camera specific preset that expands the image and utilizes the entire width and resolution of the display screen. Included are presets for all common DSLR cameras on the market. You can also manually scale the image for a custom aspect or crop and save that setting for future use.
- Battery Level Indicator
- You can choose to have the battery level icon on or off. If you choose to have the battery level icon off, the indicator will appear automatically when the battery power reaches 10% remaining.
- USB Firmware Updatable
- You have the ability to update your EVF firmware via a USB port. USB port is located on the bottom of the unit
- Assignable Function Buttons
- 3 assignable buttons plus a menu button located on the left side of the EVF that you can program with your favorite functions.
- Live Menu Preview
- While changing menu items, you will see a live preview of the changes.
- HDMI Standard Ports
- 2 Standard HDMI ports are located on the right side of the EVF for loop through to another monitor or device
- Other Features
- Monochrome, Pixel to Pixel (Zoom), Image Flip, Chroma (Overall Saturation or Independently), Brightness & Contrast Adjustments, False Color, Audio Meter Indicator
Why buy from us?
We are proud to offer the outstanding service and quality state-of-the-art products that our customers have come to depend on. Below are just a few of the many reason to buy with us.
Our excellent supplier relationships, coupled with technologically advanced super-efficient systems ensure that we usually have the products you want IN STOCK so that you can get what you want when you want it. Our super-fast turn around time is such that most orders are processed and shipped within 24-48 hours, and often a lot quicker.
Low Low Prices
Why pay more when you can get the same for less? Due to our large sales volume, we are able to pass our quantity buying prices on to you. When you purchase from us, you can rest assured that you are getting factory fresh merchandise with A Warranty at the lowest legitimate price.
We strive to ensure all of our customers receive the highest of service. We listen to your feedback and do what we can to tailor our service to your needs.
Ordering with 42nd Street Photo is safe, easy & fun. We assure that every transaction you make with us is 100% secure. In addition to using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protection technology and a VeriSign Secure Server ID, we are also checked daily by an independant security company called ScanAlert. You can also be assured that your name and confidential information will never be distributed, sold, or rented.