Friday 9:30am - 3:00pm Est. / Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Retail Hours: Sun- Thur 9:30am - 7:pm / Friday 9:30am - 3:00pm Saturday: Closed. 1-212-594-6565
Item # 13238Only: $89.99
Item # 14502Only: $49.99
Item # 20849Only: $69.99
Item # 13653Only: $39.99
Item # 13451Only: $79.99
Item # 14002Only: $34.99
Item # 106617
Item # 106618
Item # 105225
Item # 105222
Item # 105226
Item # 105224
Item # 104836
Item # 11532
Item # 13969Only: $109.95
Item # 48094Only: $199.99
Item # 14308Only: $199.99
Item # 14309
Item # 14310
Item # 14699Only: $1,299.99
Item # 105618Only: $179.99
Item # 6023Only: $297.00
Item # 14320Only: $129.99
Item # 13560Only: $129.95
Item # 14495Only: $79.99
Item # 13383Only: $39.95
Item # 20847Only: $129.95
Item # 13661Only: $49.95
Item # 14067Only: $69.95
Item # 20824Only: $79.99
Item # 13480Only: $69.95
Item # 14721
Item # 14720
Item # 97678Only: $69.99
Item # 13652Only: $149.99
Item # 105296Only: $179.99
Item # 13976Only: $179.95
Item # 14690Only: $299.99
Item # 105455
Item # 47896Only: $349.99
Item # 13154Only: $89.95
Item # 13229Only: $49.99
Item # 10719
Item # 47904Only: $159.98
Item # 14346Only: $99.99
Item # 105421Only: $299.99
Item # 47976Only: $249.99
The Panasonic AG-HMC40 is a camcorder designed to record in high definition on standard SecureDigital (SD) and SDHC memory cards. The camera is extremely portable and lightweight, weighing in at just over 2 lbs. While SD-based camcorders have been gaining ground in the consumer market, the AG-HMC40 has the ability to record AVCHD images at significantly higher bitrates. This enhancement makes the camera more efficient than comparable HD interframe codecs, such as HDV and XDCAM EX. Using H.264 as its compression algorithm the camera can record incredibly detailed images at a fraction of the file size. The handle is detachable and can hold an optional XLR audio system.
Note! XLR option not included.
- 3MOS Sensor Technology
- The progressive 3MOS image sensors record full-HD images with an effective motion-picture resolution of 2.51-megapixels. This produces full-raster HD images with high resolution and superb image quality. Because each of the three separate image sensors receives one of the three primary colors of light (red, green and blue), they render more precise images and more faithful colors than the single light-receiving 1MOS sensor.
- Sharp Rendering
- With a lens that features 13 elements in 10 groups, the newly developed Leica Dicomar is ideal for full-HD recording. The new lens system uses low-dispersion glass and aspherical lenses to reduce color aberration and boost resolution. Use of a special multi-coating process dramatically reduces flare and ghosts. The result is a sharp, crisp, beautifully rendered picture with vivid colors, delicate nuances, and exceptional shading.
- 120x Digital Zoom
- Even at the 490mm zoom setting (35mm lens equivalent), this advanced 12x optical zoom lens is free of image degradation. Additionally, the AG-HMC40 is also equipped with a digital zoom that instantly magnifies the image by any of three fixed values. 2x, 5x or 10x. Use it together with the 12x optical zoom lens and you get super magnification equivalent to a 120x zoom, without the drop in light intensity that happens when using a lens extender.
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Because the hand-shake correction is done by actually driving the lens, there's none of the image degradation that occurs with electronic stabilization. You can capture beautiful, high-quality shots even in situations where hand-shake is typically a big problem such as when zooming, shooting indoors in dim lighting, or shooting outdoors at night.
- Dynamic Range Stretch
- A gamma curve and knee slope are estimated to match the contrast of each pixel, and applied in real time. When dark, bright, and intermediate shades are all contained in the same scene, this produces excellent gradation for each shade and minimizes blocked shadows and blown highlights. The images that result are enhanced by a visually wider dynamic range.
- High-quality 10.6 MegaPixel Digital Stills
- The new 3MOS sensors also combine with Panasonic's proprietary Quad-Density Pixel Distribution technology to achieve a resolution that is equivalent to 4 times the normal level. The AG-HMC40 captures still images with approx. 10.6-megapixel resolution (in still image mode, 3:2 aspect ratio), which approaches the level of a high-performance digital still camera. For example, you can use it to shoot both motion and still images for a website.
- Cine-Like Gamme Curves
- Drawing on technologies developed for the VariCam HD camcorders for digital cinema, Panasonic has equipped the AG-HMC40 with advanced gamma functions that address seven different shooting scenarios and enhance your creative abilities. This includes the cine-like gamma, which produces the characteristic warm tone of film recordings.
- Exceptional AVCHD Image Quality
- The AG-HMC40 features the image-enhancing PH mode that Panasonic developed exclusively for AVCCAM camcorders. It delivers a maximum AVCHD bit rate of 24 Mbps (average: 21 Mbps). Designed for professional image production, this mode lets you record 1080/30p, 1080/24p and 720 progressive images in addition to 1080/60i from the AG-HMC40's 1920 x 1080 full-raster HD images.
- Reliable Media
- Unlike with videotape, there's no need for cueing with the SDHC memory card because recording automatically begins in a blank section of memory. Nor do you have to worry about accidentally recording over important footage. You can delete unwanted clips instantly right on the spot to preserve memory capacity. Editing after shooting is smooth and easy, with no need for digitizing. The tiny SDHC Memory Card is durable, too. Its operating range is from -13-185°F, so you can stop worrying about harsh temperatures or condensation while never having to deal with dropouts or clogged heads.
- Shot Mark
- To simplify shot selection, you can add a mark to the thumbnail images of each clip. You can then display and play only the clips that have shot marks.
- Pre-Record Function
- This helps to ensure you always get the shot you want, by letting you continuously store, and subsequently record, images and sounds for three seconds before the REC button is pressed in standby mode.
- Fast On-Screen Clip Searching
- Image data is recorded as a file for each scene. Thumbnail images and file information are automatically attached to each file to enable smooth, easy confirmation and deletion of files displayed on the LCD monitor.
- Easy On-Screen Touchpad
- The 2.7", 230,000-dot (approx.) LCD monitor is especially convenient when shooting wide-screen images. Just use a finger on the touch panel screen to start playback, make menu settings, and even focus the camera. You can rotate the LCD monitor 270° for easier viewing when shooting low-angle or other difficult shots. This lets you check the framing and parameter display on the LCD monitor as you shoot.
- HD Focus Assist
- There are multiple focus assit functions on the AG-HMC40, including both the standard center zoom, as well as a focus bar. Additional focus assists include a face "detection" which "recognizes" faces near the center of the screen and focuses on them.
- Manual Focus Ring
- The manual focus ring can be used to control the iris too, by switching the Focus Ring (Focus/Iris) selector. Use it whichever way best fits the shooting situation. For example, you can set the camera to Auto Focus and use the manual focus ring to control the zooming. You can also add backlight correction or spotlight correction to the auto aperture function.
- Waveform Monitor Display
- A horizontal analysis of the input signal's brightness level can be displayed on the monitor. This lets you adjust the standard black and white levels while checking the Waveform Monitor (WFM), making it easy to get highly accurate adjustments.
- Interval Recording
- You can make automatic, intermittent recordings at set intervals from one frame per second to one frame every two minutes. For example, use Interval REC to record operations at a construction site, to shoot sunsets, or to capture time-lapse recordings of growing plants.
- Slow Shutter and Syncro Scan
- The slow shutter function uses image accumulation to allow shutter speeds with frame rates reduced by half or more. The accumulation method provides bright-color images with less noise than those captured using conventional gain-up, so you get the higher sensitivity needed for nighttime shooting without illumination. And the Synchro Scan function is ideal for capturing images on monitors.
- Optional XLR Adapter Available
- The AG-HMC40 comes equipped with a built-in stereo microphone and a 3.5mm EXT, mic-in jack. Adding the optional AG-MYA30G XLR adapter provides compatibility with professional-use XLR terminals for audio output from microphones and Public Audio (PA) systems in studios and auditoriums. Line recording and +48V Phantom powered microphone recordings are possible from the XLR terminals. Featuring two XLR audio input terminals and level controls, the adapter lets you independently switch ch 1 or ch 2 to microphone or line input, with each having its own level adjustment. (Input 2 can be assigned to both ch 1 and ch 2.)
- SD Downconversion
- The AG-HMC40 is equipped with both component (Mini D4) video outputs and AV output (AV multi terminals), allowing HD images to be down-converted and output as SD images while they are being recorded or played. At the same time, a 16:9 or 4:3 aspect ratio can be selected for side crop, letterbox, or squeeze images. Audio output (AV multi terminals 2 channels) enables a wide variety of applications, such as viewing on an external monitor or SD dubbing.
- The AG-HMC40 is equipped with an HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) output terminal for digital transferring of high-quality HD video and audio signals.
- Tilt-up Viewfinder
- The viewfinder can be tilted upward about 70° and the large eyecup is excellent for blocking out light from the sun and other sources.
- REC Check
- You can check the end of the most recently recorded clip with one-touch ease.
- Last Clip Delete Function
- Only the most recently recorded clip is deleted with this one-touch function, adding practical convenience to everyday operation. It can be assigned as a User button function if desired.
- Record Meta Data
- The date, camera operator, location, title and other information can be added to the video data.
Why buy from us?
We are proud to offer the outstanding service and quality state-of-the-art products that our customers have come to depend on. Below are just a few of the many reason to buy with us.
Our excellent supplier relationships, coupled with technologically advanced super-efficient systems ensure that we usually have the products you want IN STOCK so that you can get what you want when you want it. Our super-fast turn around time is such that most orders are processed and shipped within 24-48 hours, and often a lot quicker.
Low Low Prices
Why pay more when you can get the same for less? Due to our large sales volume, we are able to pass our quantity buying prices on to you. When you purchase from us, you can rest assured that you are getting factory fresh merchandise with A Warranty at the lowest legitimate price.
We strive to ensure all of our customers receive the highest of service. We listen to your feedback and do what we can to tailor our service to your needs.
Ordering with 42nd Street Photo is safe, easy & fun. We assure that every transaction you make with us is 100% secure. In addition to using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protection technology and a VeriSign Secure Server ID, we are also checked daily by an independant security company called ScanAlert. You can also be assured that your name and confidential information will never be distributed, sold, or rented.