Retail Hours: Mon- Thur 10:00am - 7:pm / Friday/Sunday 10:00am - 5:00pm Saturday: Closed. 1-212-594-6565
The Hoya Professional Filter Kit offers everything you need to get started with your indoor/outdoor shooting.
UV filters are wise initial investments. They help protect your valuable investment from dust, moisture and scratches, which can lead to costly repairs.
Circular Polarizer Filter
Light rays which are reflected become polarized. Polarizing filters are used to select which light rays enter your camera lens. They can remove unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as water or glass and also saturate colors providing better contrast. The effect can be seen through the viewfinder and changed by rotating the filter. The filter factor varies according to how the filter is rotated and its orientation to the sun.
Neutral Density Filter
Neutral Density filters have several uses and offer the possibility to achieve otherwise unachievable results. They enable the shooter to adjust exposure without affecting color balance. ND filters appear gray and reduce the amount of light reaching the film.
- Hoya filters provide additional benefits of correction for Ultraviolet(UV) light which can register on film and videotape as a bluish cast and can obscure distant details
- If desired they can be left on the lens at all times for protection
- This filter eliminates ultraviolet rays to remove haze from outdoor shots as well as polarizing the light to remove reflections, and increase color saturation, without affecting the overall color balance
Neutral Density Filters Have Four Main Uses
- To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high speed films, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background
- To decrease the effective ISO of high speed film (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situations
- To allow cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes which could cause overexposure
Neutral Density Factors
- 2x = ND.3 (exposure adjustment = 1 stop, reduces ISO 1/2)
- 4x = ND.6 (exposure adjustment = 2 stops, reduces ISO 1/4)
- 8x = ND.9 (exposure adjustment = 3 stops, reduces ISO 1/8)
Why buy from us?
We are proud to offer the outstanding service and quality state-of-the-art products that our customers have come to depend on. Below are just a few of the many reason to buy with us.
Our excellent supplier relationships, coupled with technologically advanced super-efficient systems ensure that we usually have the products you want IN STOCK so that you can get what you want when you want it. Our super-fast turn around time is such that most orders are processed and shipped within 24-48 hours, and often a lot quicker.
Low Low Prices
Why pay more when you can get the same for less? Due to our large sales volume, we are able to pass our quantity buying prices on to you. When you purchase from us, you can rest assured that you are getting factory fresh merchandise with A Warranty at the lowest legitimate price.
We strive to ensure all of our customers receive the highest of service. We listen to your feedback and do what we can to tailor our service to your needs.
Ordering with 42nd Street Photo is safe, easy & fun. We assure that every transaction you make with us is 100% secure. In addition to using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protection technology and a VeriSign Secure Server ID, we are also checked daily by an independant security company called ScanAlert. You can also be assured that your name and confidential information will never be distributed, sold, or rented.