As the Canon top-of-the-line flash for the EOS-system, the Speedlite 580EX II takes the best features from existing models and adds functionality that enhances digital photography. A more powerful flash with a maximum guide number of 190' (58 m) at ISO 100 (at 105mm focal length), faster recycling, more consistent color and enhanced controls are among the improvements that all photographers, especially those who shoot digital, will find useful.
The 580EX version II offers several improvements over the original 580EX version. It has been redesigned to match with the EOS-1D Mark III in terms of improved dust- and water-resistance, body strength, and the ability to control flash functions and settings from the camera menu (EOS-1D Mark III only). Other features include improved communication reliability through its direct contacts, a metal hot shoe, and recycling time is both 20% shorter than the 580EX and is completely inaudible.
The flash supports all current versions of TTL, including evaluative E-TTL II. This is great for photographers that shoot high contrast or reflective subjects, like those encountered in wedding photography. Photographers can now capture every detail from the black of tuxedos to the white of wide smiles and wedding dresses.
The Speedlite 580EX flash is compatible with Canon's E-TTL II (Evaluative Through The Lens) auto exposure technology. When combined with a compatible Canon camera (EOS-1D/s Mark II, Mark III, D-20, Elan 7N/E, or newer models) and compatible lens, E-TTL II utilizes subject distance and other information that automatically modifies flash power, resulting in accurate flash exposure regardless of subject size, reflectance, or photographic composition.
Multiple Flash Exposure Modes
E-TTL II, E-TTL, TTL & Manual
Faster Recycling Time
Improved power supply design provides up to 25% improvement in flash recycle time
• Built-in AF-assist beam compatible with EOS multi-point AF systems including 45-point Area AF types
• Built-in catchlight reflector allows a catchlight to be added quickly and conveniently to portraits
• FE Lock - Flash exposure lock
• FP Mode, or high-speed sync, allows the camera to sync with flash at higher shutter speeds
• Second-curtain sync fires the flash at the end of the exposure, allowing streak of light to flow naturally behind the movement of the subject
• Wireless TTL flash when combined with ST-E2 Transmitter & multiple 550 EX's
• Stroboscopic mode shows several minute flashes continuously to easily view flash effect
• FEB - Flash Exposure Bracketing
• 14 Custom Functions that provide maximum control over various flash functions
• Ratio flash lighting of up to 8:1 when used with ST-E2 Transmitter & multiple 550 or 580EX's
• When color temperature data is automatically transmitted from the 580EX, the camera sets the color balance for the optimal flash shot
Why buy from us?
We are proud to offer the outstanding
service and quality state-of-the-art products that our customers have come to
depend on. Below are just a few of the many reason to buy with us.
Inventory Our excellent supplier relationships, coupled with
technologically advanced super-efficient systems ensure that we usually have the
products you want IN STOCK so that you can get what you want when you want it.
Our super-fast turn around time is such that most orders are processed and
shipped within 24-48 hours, and often a lot quicker.
Prices Why pay more when you can get the same for less? Due
to our large sales volume, we are able to pass our quantity buying prices on to
you. When you purchase from us, you can rest assured that you are getting
factory fresh merchandise with A Warranty at the lowest legitimate
Service We strive to ensure all of our customers receive the
highest of service. We listen to your feedback and do what we can to tailor our
service to your needs.
Safe Transactions Ordering with42nd Street
Photo is safe, easy & fun. We assure that
every transaction you make with us is 100% secure. In addition to using Secure
Sockets Layer (SSL) protection technology and a VeriSign Secure Server ID, we
are also checked daily by an independant security company called ScanAlert. You
can also be assured that your name and confidential information will never be
distributed, sold, or rented.
You have added the following item(s) to your cart: