This Sigma 50-500mm f/4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM APO Lens is for digital SLR cameras with a Canon lens mount. The lens has a standard to ultra telephoto zoom range that is ideal for nature, wildlife, or sports photography. The range translates into an equivalent 75-750mm when used with digital SLR cameras with an APS size chip. The lens is also compatible with full frame cameras. You can even increase you telephoto range by using the Sigma APO teleconverters.
The OS (Optical Stabilizer) system minimizes image blur caused by camera shake, and offers the equivalent of shooting at a shutter speed 3-4 stops faster. This allows handheld telephoto zoom shooting even in poorly lit conditions.
The use of the OS (Optical Stabilizer) system, HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), APO apochromatic design, four elements of SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass, and multicoated optics all enable this lens to provide a high level of performance throughout its entire zoom range. A rear focus system ensures quick, convenient manual focus and a non-rotating front barrel.
The improved DG lens design corrects for various aberrations. This lens is specially coated to get the best color balance, while cutting down on ghosting caused by reflections from the digital image sensor. The lens provides the utmost correction against lateral chromatic aberration, which is a serious problem for digital SLR cameras.
Note!If the camera body does not support the HSM motor, auto focus will not work.
• Designed for use with full frame digital SLR cameras. May also be used with smaller APS-C size sensors with a corresponding effective increase in focal length to about 75 to 750mm with most cameras.
• Standard to ultra telephoto zoom range makes this the perfect to carry when you only have room for one lens.
• The OS system uses two sensors inside the lens to detect vertical and horizontal movement of the camera. It works by moving an optical image stabilizing lens group, to effectively compensate for camera shake. It automatically detects movement of the camera and compensates for camera shake when shooting a moving subject such as motor sports.
• The HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) system ensures quiet and high-speed auto focusing with full time manual focus override.
• Four Special Low Dispersion (SLD) elements provide excellent correction for chromatic aberration.
• The improved DG lens design corrects for various aberrations.
• Super Multi Layer (SML) coating reduces ghost and flare.
Why buy from us?
We are proud to offer the outstanding
service and quality state-of-the-art products that our customers have come to
depend on. Below are just a few of the many reason to buy with us.
Inventory Our excellent supplier relationships, coupled with
technologically advanced super-efficient systems ensure that we usually have the
products you want IN STOCK so that you can get what you want when you want it.
Our super-fast turn around time is such that most orders are processed and
shipped within 24-48 hours, and often a lot quicker.
Prices Why pay more when you can get the same for less? Due
to our large sales volume, we are able to pass our quantity buying prices on to
you. When you purchase from us, you can rest assured that you are getting
factory fresh merchandise with A Warranty at the lowest legitimate
Service We strive to ensure all of our customers receive the
highest of service. We listen to your feedback and do what we can to tailor our
service to your needs.
Safe Transactions Ordering with42nd Street
Photo is safe, easy & fun. We assure that
every transaction you make with us is 100% secure. In addition to using Secure
Sockets Layer (SSL) protection technology and a VeriSign Secure Server ID, we
are also checked daily by an independant security company called ScanAlert. You
can also be assured that your name and confidential information will never be
distributed, sold, or rented.
You have added the following item(s) to your cart: